MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

What's the deal here. just changed my O2 senosr on 12/12/05 but now it just gave me a cel #21. What makes an O2 senosr go bad besides that I got a defective one from Autozone. It's under warranty still so I'll get the next one free but just needs to know what's going on with my car. thanks!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
qwik_MR2_5sfte said:
^yep^ What brand is the sensor that you keep getting?
It's the universal BOSCH O2 sensor. WIll rpelace it this weekend and see how long it last. How do I fix the part when my car is running rich??

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
xallenx said:
It's the universal BOSCH O2 sensor. WIll rpelace it this weekend and see how long it last. How do I fix the part when my car is running rich??
the bosch sensors suck.... that may be part of the problem. get the densco OEM one. its the best. if the engine is indeed running rich, your fuel pressure regulator could be causing it.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
i have a fool proof way to test o2 sensors!

you look at the sensor, if it says "BOSCH" on it, its bad. put it in the trash and get one that doesnt say "BOSCH" :lol2:

.. no really. bosch does suck.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
^^ true. almost anything bosch sucks. the only thing they make that i like are their wiper blades. they used to be good, but their quality has dropped so much

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Well these guys already posted the remainder of what I was going to post once I found out it was in fact a Bosch :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts