MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, well I've had my MR2 for like 6 days now and I have to say it's been enjoyable. However, I can't seem to get one thing taken care off.

I have researched the alternator and how to tighten the belt, so I realize where all the bolts are I need to loost/tighten for the belt tension adjustment.

Here's the thing: The adjuster (long) bolt as screwed all the way in, AND it appears the top locking bolt is slid all the way back in the "slot" for adjusting the alternator back. Basically, it seems the alternator is pushed as far back as it can go, and the belt is still loose. It is a new belt, and it look like it was replaced not to long ago.

ideas?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Get a smaller belt.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that would be a LOGICAL solution but I really don't think the belt is the problem. But since that was your response, do you have a part number for the belt?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
When I needed a larger belt (went from UR pulley back to stock) I just went to Checker, showed them the belt, and asked for one a couple inches longer.

I don't really think you need an OEM Toyota alternator belt...they're like $5 from Checker/Autozone/etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts