MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Am I being too OCD?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  mr2treefrog 
#1 ·
So I’m thinking about the MR2Heaven ultimate halo shifter surround. I’d like to get red stitching on both the shift knob as well as boot to match my new wheel which will have red stitching. However, the shift boot is made up of 3 panels and as such the stitches are spaced 120 degrees apart. The shift knob stitch is narrower than this and does not line up (but the 4 panel stock boot does line up). On top of that the shift knob has baseball-like diagonal stitch whereas the shift boot has straight stitches. Will it look like a mish-mash or am I being too anal? :oops:

See less See more
#2 ·
Only you can answer that. But maybe you should consider getting the shift knob version with the laser etched eagle from the Super Klasse guys (they were producing this stuff before MR2 Heaven). Since they do the knob etching as a custom thing, maybe they will consider custom stitching to your liking, too?

#7 ·
Same colors as you show - black with red stitching. Black ring. Steering wheel is black with red stitching. I'm certain they get these from different manufacturers, so you get what you get regarding stitch match.
Thanks. Curious - the top of the boot is open and doesn’t have a ring integrated into it like the stock boot. Did you just mash the top of the boot by screwing down the shift knob to hold it in place?

#5 ·
Why can’t they make the knob and the boot stitch match? I mean, if they make the stitch red, might as well make them line up. Honestly, I didn’t even notice how mismatch the stitches from the boot to the shift knob. I was going to buy a complete set. Luckily “otherbmw” pointed it out and No you are not OCD.

#8 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

It sounds like you are looking for something that resembles this? For some reason, the lower part of the photo is cropped when I posted it, but you get the idea. There is also a matching e-brake boot out of view, and since this photo was taken, a new matching steering wheel cover. The car is in my off site garage right now, so can't easily take a new photo until the weekend. All except the shift knob purchased from Redline Goods with 'baseball' stitching. Most people on this forum will probably not like the wood look, but that's fine, to each his own taste. I think it adds a classic european look that livens things up with color and texture, just like the mats. I know the meaning of OCD....obsessive compulsive details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.