MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
2002-2011 Camry rear. They do have a lot of offset, and that's the one thing I don't really like about them, but there actually weren't that many choices of Toyota hubs of the proper year range to still have passive ABS sensors that will work with the stock (or in my case Spyder) ABS system. I limited myself to looking at Toyota stuff so as to not require custom brakes, not to mention questionable ABS compatibility if pulling from other brands, and I also wanted a relatively small footprint on the knuckle side so that I didn't have to build in TOO much geometry correction (and thereby limit control arm options to those that use the stock ball joint). The bearing diameter (and seal diameter, which is important since that's where the stock hubs break) is about 13% bigger than stock (49mm vs 43), which should provide a pretty significant increase in strength on the hub since the area moment of inertia of a shaft involves the diameter^4, so a little extra diameter gives you a lot of extra strength.
How much further out do these hubs move the front wheels?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts