MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I need rear ones replaced too, where did you order and what mods did you end up doing to alternate part? Thanks!
I ordered them from rockauto. I ended up sanding the sensor down instead of drilling out the knuckle as posted in the original post. For now, since the original rear sensors were cut off and I didn’t have the original connector, I hard wired them in, but these are the original connectors.
US $1.90 15% Off | 1/5/10/20 set KET 2 pin male female electric wire connector ABS sensor plug for KIA Hyundai MG651092-5 7282-7029-40 7283-7029-40

· Registered
2,346 Posts
I ordered them from rockauto. I ended up sanding the sensor down instead of drilling out the knuckle as posted in the original post. For now, since the original rear sensors were cut off and I didn’t have the original connector, I hard wired them in, but these are the original connectors.
US $1.90 15% Off | 1/5/10/20 set KET 2 pin male female electric wire connector ABS sensor plug for KIA Hyundai MG651092-5 7282-7029-40 7283-7029-40
Did you have to reset the abs computer to get rid of the light? I just ordered 2 from Rockauto (1 camry and 1 Avalon- glad these are so inexpensive enough to try both) and would like to try and tackle this before it gets cold.

· Registered
9 Posts
Did you have to reset the abs computer to get rid of the light? I just ordered 2 from Rockauto (1 camry and 1 Avalon- glad these are so inexpensive enough to try both) and would like to try and tackle this before it gets cold.
No reset is needed. The abs sensor codes are continuous monitoring and once the circuit is complete the light goes out.

· Registered
3 Posts
@Smwoodard: Hi mate, just want to know what the oem number for the camry ABS sensor. I have a faulty rear abs sensor and need some advice. Did you get rear ABS sensor from Camry or it doesn't matter even the front one is use?

Thanks
A

· Premium Member
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Front Camry sensors, for the rear of the MR2. Remember that the MR2 is basically front wheel drive in the back.

· Registered
1 Posts
Tried this on my 1997 UK spec - seems to work to pass the check to turn off the light on startup but when driving unfortunately returns fault code - rear right wheel speed sensor signal malfunction.

Going to have a play with the spacing and see if that fixes it will report back

· Premium Member
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Tried this on my 1997 UK spec - seems to work to pass the check to turn off the light on startup but when driving unfortunately returns fault code - rear right wheel speed sensor signal malfunction.

Going to have a play with the spacing and see if that fixes it will report back
Double check the sensor polarity. I had issues after installing my new front knuckles and switching to Camry bearings with built in sensors... Turned out I just had the sensors wired backwards.

· Registered
5,320 Posts
So I picked up a set of 1993 corolla front abs sensors. The resistance is right, the connector is right, the diameter is right. The distance from the 'barrel' centerline to the mounting hole centerline is off by 1mm, which can be resolved. Does anyone know how long the sw20 sensor 'barrel' is?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts