MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi,

Ive been trying to fit some Enkei alloy wheels to my 95 mk2 and having a bit of a clearence problem with the front suspension (the inner side of the tyre is basicly jammed againt it and cant rotate) and im not sure about the rears either. :(

the sizes of the wheels for the front are:

Alloy - 16" with a 35 offset
Tyre - 205/55/16

the sizes of the wheels for the rear are:

Alloy - 16" with a 35 offset
Tyre - 225/50/16

Can i make these fit with spacers (dont exactly know how these work) and/or some lower profile tyres?

If anyone else has a simlar setup and can tell me what they did to make them fit that would be fantastic,

cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
uh... i got a '93 mk2 with 17's 225/40 front and 245/40 rears and it dont rub nuttin... i forgot the offset but if u want to fit spacers in there it might help if its rubbing against ur strut. spacers help push the wheel/rim more towards the outside like in the situation if ur tires are too wide and they rub the wheel well, use a spacer and u should have ur turning radius back.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi, ive been told that the 55 profile tyres are too big (should of checked!) but they're not very good tyres anyway so gives me an excuse to get some decent 45 profiles, which aparently are perfect and dont rub

1 - 4 of 4 Posts