MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
totally noticed the HUGE front mount when you were behind me... then rolled down my window to listen to your ride as you took off to merge into the far left lane on I-45 heading south. we both took the Woodlands pkway exit; gave you the :thumbup

just checking to see if you hang out on the forums!

I was in my jetta :rolleyes: ..

·
Registered
527 Posts
He is making the Rally Sticker Sceme and putting that on his car. It might look familiar if you look up that Castrol Rally celica up on a Net search.
Its a replica from a model he got. He's done it all the sticker cut out and placement himself and he's done a good job of it so far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey folks. I was on MR2OC to find details for the Topeka meet and stumbled across this thread.

Mayfield, that was me, and thanks for the kind words about my car. Yeah, the fmic tends to catch some attention. I was headed to the gym when you saw me. The stickers are 99% complete. Just need to find someone who'll make a couple Australia flag stickers.

Photos of my car are on my web site at www.turbocelica.com. Enjoy!

Chris

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
wow, nice.
I saw what appeared to be a real castrol all-trac when I was in Honduras once ...... errrr, I was never in Honduras.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks. Prior to finding this Castrol sticker package, I had been more of a sticker-phobe, and had never installed any more than a couple stickers on the rear bumper with my web address. But, I think they came out rather nice. Car show judges seem to like them, anyway. lol...

Chris

·
Registered
149 Posts
that is a nice car dude!!

hope you can get your austalia stickers mate!

jk

keep up the good work.

-JR

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
after browsing www.turbocelica.com i see why the call it "the shuttle" ....looks so much better in person :) ...totally blew me away to see a gt4 in person! ...i was awwing over your ride, and at the same time explaining to my girlfriend what made your car so "special" ... :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

by the way nice to see you on the forum!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
mayfield said:
after browsing www.turbocelica.com i see why the call it "the shuttle" ....looks so much better in person :) ...totally blew me away to see a gt4 in person! ...i was awwing over your ride, and at the same time explaining to my girlfriend what made your car so "special" ... :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

by the way nice to see you on the forum!!
Thanks. I've lived in The Woodlands the past 14 years and have moved back to Cochran's Crossing. The car is a blast to drive, so I try to do so when the weather is nice and I'm not going anywhere where I'll be away from it or can't see it for more than a brief while.

Do you ever go to the StarNet Cafe meets on Fri or Sat nights? I go occasionally. Usually a good well-behaved crowd.

In the past, I have avoided forums like this because they are such a time-sponge... much prefer an email DL.. But, times change.. :)

Take care...

Chris

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cochran's crossing, rad! i know where that is at..I live over on the other side of I-45 (Harper's landing)

Im aware of the Starnet Cafe meets just never had/have the opportunity to attend the meets. between part-time school, part-time waiter job, and a full time employee at a data center life is pretty busy. I'd really like to attend the meets in the near future... there are some really nice cars around our area =)

·
Registered
12 Posts
mayfield said:
Cochran's crossing, rad! i know where that is at..I live over on the other side of I-45 (Harper's landing)

Im aware of the Starnet Cafe meets just never had/have the opportunity to attend the meets. between part-time school, part-time waiter job, and a full time employee at a data center life is pretty busy. I'd really like to attend the meets in the near future... there are some really nice cars around our area =)
Harper's Landing? egads. I feel for ya man. I just moved from there!!! I hated that place from the moment I first moved in. too many 18 wheelers and noise from the nearby commercial facilities...

We just had a fun run from john eagle honda on Feb 20th... here are some videos... we're planning this again soon... monitor H-I.com for details.

http://www.turbocelica.com/videos/F...YellowGroup.wmv

http://www.turbocelica.com/videos/H...unRun-On290.wmv

http://optic5gaming.com/fun_run/fun_run.wmv

Enjoy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts