MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
i am definitely down for this... who else is interested?

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
I might be able to house some of you guys if you make the trip. I'm a little bit away from BeaveRun, but it's not a bad drive.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
or a hotel party could be fun :thumbup

·
Registered
436 Posts
If it's not until June or July, I'm definitely down.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The date has officially been set for Aug. 12th.

I am working out the final details and will post them shortly.

There will be a pre-registration with discounted fee. Or you can pay full price at the gate.

We can either include camping, or leave it optional in case people would rather be paying for an Inn or hotel/motel.

We can either do a formal , catered dinner after the events. Or do a cook out all day long. I wasn't sure what people would prefer.

So, start giving me your opinions. And we can take this to final pricing and event scheduling level.

I am leaving this camping and dinner up to the participants. Tell me what you want. There is still time to customize this event to our lliking.

key points:

Preregistered gets a discount.
Camping inclusive or seperate?
Formal/semi formal late evening dinner or all day cook out?

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
I would NOT include camping costs in the registration fees. I would let people make their own accommodations. Maybe find a cheaper motel (like a Red Roof or Super8) and have people book rooms there so that everyone's at the same place.

If you are planning on hitting the town, a formal dinner might be nice to kick off the evening. Otherwise, I would just have a barbecue grill going all day with coolers full of pop and water.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hey, is anybody going to be attending this for sure? I'm really considering it and wanted to see who else would be going!

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
I'm going to be there for sure. It's not often/ever that there are big MR2 or Toyota meets in my area. I'm really looking forward to seeing this work out.

I've got my fingers crossed...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah, I'm gonna try and get some guys from around here to all go out together. It's the weekend before I start my final semester in college, so I'd like to make is since once I graduate, this kinda stuff probably won't be possible!

Are you gonna stay in a hotel or camp? If you stay in a hotel, maybe we can all try to get in the same place or something. Just an idea.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Let me look around for hotel deals for everybody. The Red Roof Inn in the area has rooms advertised on their sign for $39, so that might be a good option. Maybe Bori will weigh in to let us know if he has a block of rooms or other accommodations in mind.

BTW, I live about 1 hour away, but I would be willing to party it up at a hotel if we can get a good deal.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
I've found a Motel 6 at the Pittsburgh airport for $39/night double occupancy if you book on the internet. It's only $34/night single occupancy if you want to stretch the rules and slip in some extra people. This is of course before the 14% lodging tax that they tack on. This would be about 30 miles away though. I would hope we can find something closer.

PITTSBURGH AIRPORT
1170 THORN RUN ROAD
I-79 AT STEUBENVILLE PIKE, EXIT #59-B
CORAOPOLIS, PA, USA, 15108
412-269-0990

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
I don't know what direction people want to go (cheap vs. nice). The Marriott is very nice and would be $99/night with the BeaveRun discount. I guess it wouldn't be that bad if we split the rooms.

It's still hard to beat $39/night even if the accommodations are a little boring. Motel 6

1 - 20 of 20 Posts