MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are therea any thread on stock 94-95 aligment? Anybody has info on this?

I got my car aligned and told the guy to use the 94 plus stock alignment.
I am not sure is this is the right values. My car has tein HA coilover with pillow ball mount and adjustable front pillow ball tension rod with caster angle adjustment.

This is the baseline values I will use when I start autocrossing.

Heres the result

Front

camber left/right
-0.5/-0.5 deg

caster left/right
3.2/3.9 deg

toe left/right
0.02/0.03 inch

Total toe
0.05 inch

Set Back
-0.11 deg

SAI left/right
5.8/5.3 deg

Included Angle left/right
8.4/14.3 deg

REAR

camber left/right
-1.7/-1.6 deg

toe left/right
0.06/0.07 inch

Total toe
0.13 inch

Thrust Angle
-0.01 deg

Are the values right?

·
Two 2s - 93T, 88 SC
2,965 Posts
For auto-x, you will want a little toe out in front, like 3/32 or about .09 total. You will also want about-2.5 deg of front camber. For the rear about -1.5 deg camber and 1/16 total toe in.

John
93T, 88 SC

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Don't see why the 94-95 specs would be any different than the 93 specs. Springs and maybe bars were changed, but its not like the suspension was redesigned. Certainly the differences are minor compared to adding coilovers.

The -1.5 rear camber is about all people can get in stock autox classes because rear crash bolts aren't allowed.

Toymr1 -
You want a serious autox alignment? Or a performance alignment for a street car that is occassionally autoxed?

Mike R

·
Two 2s - 93T, 88 SC
2,965 Posts
Yea, I was just quoting 93 specs. I would also see no reason why they wouldn't be the same. The 94 front strut tops give you a little more caster, but the caster is not adjustable on 93+, so you just deal with what is there. I would think you would still want the -2.5 deg front camber on the 94-5, even though you have a hair more caster.

John
93T, 88 SC

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car has the tein adustable pillow ball tension rod so caster is adjustable Do you have the stock 93 values for alignment?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts