MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with the air vent aimed at the drivers crotch? I looked at the back and there is nothing connected to it? Is there supposed to be another piece that goes here? Pics below.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
There is a plastic moulded tube that connects from the fan motor and vent control system in the centre of the car to the vent up on the left of the steering wheel.
Part 55844. This is a JDM diagram but yours will be mirrored. Just because the AC system is removed doesn't mean this has to be.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, there was an option back in the day for NO A/C? Okay, so it seems. The link below is what I have found so far... this is as far as I can confidently get. Can I get someone to verify which part# to purchase. GDII did a good job of getting me here. But the whole "your will be mirrored" has be confused. link to place to buy:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Don't get confused between AC and a blower /heater function. AC is for cooling where all MR2 will still have a fan and heater function. Your pipe has been removed by a previous owner, it will have been there from the factory.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, def long discontinued... any suggestions as to where or who I can snag this from?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts