MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i put my new 12" in behind the passengers seat and put in one new 6" speakers in my aw11. I took off nd went for a drive into wellington and decided what the hell and drove round with all the "boy racers" to see what would happen, i cranked up my music and noticed the radar detector on the windscreen dancing away and the whole gauge cluster vibing out. My passenegr ( a chick ) rekons the seat gave a awesom massange anyway, i pull over with the sounds on half and look at my front windscreen, it's flexing alot, i put my arm on it and its vibrating heaps, am i safe to drive like this? or what should i do? i cant even give it pull powah :( is there any chance that the mysterious forces of bass will kill my windscreen? its only new aswell. any tips or anything?

cheers

·
Registered
166 Posts
dont rice your car bitch <3

turn down the bass? all depends what sorta music you listen to... and how many watts you are pushing thru that 12"

·
Registered
434 Posts
it is possible to break your windows with high SPL systems. however from only 1 12" woofer, prob not. it might damage your seals over time however.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chers guys. IM NOT RICING MY CAR! my partner would personally hang me if i did. anyway thanks for the advise, i will continue to add more sounds now.

I mainly listen on techno music, but i also listen to the radio, my fav bass song at the moment is galvanize by chemical bros....its got good bass! pitty i've lost my front stage...im runnin only one 12 and two 4"s :( time for some 6"s this afternoon :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
i was only joking... im running 2x6" in the front doors and 2x6"x9" in boxes on the floor behind the front seats... plenty of bass, sounds good, fills the car up with sound (the engine is inaudible at anything above 1/4 volume)

never felt the need to have a sub, but rock/metal doesnt need an overpowered bassline ^_^

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tin Man: Guessin ur not on the mega run?!

yeah im guna put some 6"s in the kick panels and some 6x9's under the front of the seats facing forwards as my boxes take up the room behind the seats.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
twtkid said:
it is possible to break your windows with high SPL systems. however from only 1 12" woofer, prob not. it might damage your seals over time however.
this is so true my friend i have not only cracked a windshield but also launched... yes i said launched the rear plexiglass out of my astro durring a bass-off... it didnt hurt anyone but did kill 2 of the drivers and cost em another 200 for a new piece

ohh and the eff. of your driver will go up withthe windows down or the tops off. the mr2 has a very small vol. and with a crack of my window i can jump from 133db to 137 it just lest the solos breath

T

·
0 Posts
why would you have plexi in the rear of a vehicle built for spl? I have seen numerous "loud" systems and never seen an entire window "launch" out of a car. I have however seen a lot shatter including my own windshield. Keep in mind that the cars I am talking about are purpose built car audio monsters.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
poop shoot said:
why would you have plexi in the rear of a vehicle built for spl? I have seen numerous "loud" systems and never seen an entire window "launch" out of a car. I have however seen a lot shatter including my own windshield. Keep in mind that the cars I am talking about are purpose built car audio monsters.
for the simple reason that i was tired of replacing the auto glass seemed almost predictable 67hz vol on 22 arround 161.4db yup thats when one of the damn windows would go... so we swapped them all out and went 4 events b/4 she poped one out in the long run it was cheaper with the plex. than the regulat glass (even from the junk yard)

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
kicker still kicker been running their products for 5 years now

edit: as for enclosures depended on what year sealed ported isobaric ext.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
1001+ well i did sold the van about 2 years ago for a little over 11k (89 w/ 268000mi) so i havent been in the high class comps sene with the two lol

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
172.9 the last year we had the van out

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
poop shoot said:
Keep in mind that the cars I am talking about are purpose built car audio monsters.
and you ?
have you dabbled in the world of audio as a comp. or just a spec.?

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
meca, iasca, a few usac, and local events
again
monopolizedinc said:
and you ?
have you dabbled in the world of audio as a comp. or just a spec.?

T

·
0 Posts
took 3rd at iasca finals my first year out and 2nd at iasca finals my 2nd year out both for spl in Ultimate 1-720

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
impressive... who do you play with? and what is your name by the way name?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts