MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on starting with a fresh quaife LSD for a 91T, anyone know of places with competative prices on LSD's?

Also, considering I am going to install an LSD on a 91 that didn't come with one stock, are their additional parts that I will need to make everything work?

Lastly, stock block, quaife LSD. . . If I wanted to upgrade to a 93+ tranny, can I find just the tranny and make everything fit together with relative ease?

Thanks fellas, I'm going to be searching and asking a lot of Q's as I want to build this car and have it purring for mid-year so I catch the 2nd half of track events in the North East.

Myself and my four buddies (240z, 332Ti, STi, E36 M3) are planning on hitting Watkins, Poconos, and Lime Rock this year!!! I needed to get something that will keep up!!!!

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Best thing to do in my opinion is get a 93+ with LSD. All you need are LSD axles to go along with it and everything bolts up the same. You can find them all day long for $750-$900.

·
Registered
609 Posts
well if you do alot of aggressive driving . then get a aftermarket LSD. i had mine install by KAAZ.. their usa devision president say the stock Viscous LSD are only good for normal driving

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
93smgturbo said:
Best thing to do in my opinion is get a 93+ with LSD. All you need are LSD axles to go along with it and everything bolts up the same. You can find them all day long for $750-$900.
I guess that way too I can use that LSD until it goes, if it even goes. . . Sweet.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
93smgturbo said:
93', that price range kind of the going rate? Any shops sell for those prices or should I keep my eyes open on the F/S forum?

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
trahsub said:
I'm planning on starting with a fresh quaife LSD for a 91T, anyone know of places with competative prices on LSD's?

Also, considering I am going to install an LSD on a 91 that didn't come with one stock, are their additional parts that I will need to make everything work?

Lastly, stock block, quaife LSD. . . If I wanted to upgrade to a 93+ tranny, can I find just the tranny and make everything fit together with relative ease?

Thanks fellas, I'm going to be searching and asking a lot of Q's as I want to build this car and have it purring for mid-year so I catch the 2nd half of track events in the North East.

Myself and my four buddies (240z, 332Ti, STi, E36 M3) are planning on hitting Watkins, Poconos, and Lime Rock this year!!! I needed to get something that will keep up!!!!
Make friends in the industry and you will get discounts.

You will need a few additional parts for the LSD to work in a 91 tranny. The LSD you get will come with the parts numbers you need for that particular LSD.

If you are putting in the quaife in a 93 tranny you will still need to split it open and do lots of measuring/shimming to install it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts