MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 93t with the premium sound. The headunit is falling apart and doesn't work at all, so I'm going to replace it with the MP3 deck out of my Jeep.

I would like to keep the sound like it was before so I'll be using the factory amps I suppose. I read this thread about the Metra harness and this sounds too good to be true. So I would spring for that if it works.

Any ideas? Cautions? Advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I did a little quick searching, but no websites show a decent picture or say how many pins are on the connector. Visually, it looks like it would work, (looks like the harness I made), but theres no telling if the connector part will plug in. According to the Circuit City website, it will not fit. It's only about $15, so you could try it. I don't think it will work though, but i've never seen or used one.
link

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, well I bought that above harness with the RCA hookups and it all works properly. Although, reinstalling this headunit into the dash with the POS mounting kit was a freaking pain in the ass.

·
Registered
821 Posts
wow. thats really cool. Thanks for confirming it works. go and spread the word :thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts