MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently planning out a rewiring of my 87 AW11, and am having trouble finding a suitable fuse block to replace the OEM one. All the ones I've looked at online seem to have a maximum of 30a per circuit, which I assume won't work given that the original fuse block has 40a, 50a, and 60a fuses in it. Can anyone point me to a fuse block that will do the job? Am I misreading the situation entirely?

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
The OE fuse block works. Not sure why you would want to change that.

The problem is likely that 30A is a working limit for plug in fuses. The high current fuses in the AW11 are bolted in, and the OE fuse block was designed specifically to accommodate them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, that makes sense. I'll see if I can salvage the OEM one then. The only reason I was thinking of doing otherwise was that a lot of wiring burned up in my engine bay and trunk, across the connector that links the engine wiring harness to the fuse block and the rest of the wiring. So I initially thought it would make sense to just redo all the wiring altogether, but it would probably make more sense to leave the fuse block itself intact and try to replace as much around it as I can. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
9,212 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
.... The only reason I was thinking of doing otherwise was that a lot of wiring burned up in my engine bay and trunk...
Ok, I get it. Fire damage is a big deal.

You can probably get an OE wire harness complete with fuse block from a car breaker. That is what I would try to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts