MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cat is plugged and i want to gut it, but i dont want to pay alot for a new one from toyota when emissions comes around next year. has anyone been able to fit an aftermarket cat in the stock location? which cat did you use and where did you buy it? how hard was it to make it work? i have a KO 2.5 inch exhaust, i dont know if that will make a difference or not. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I highly doubt you can get an aftermarket cat in there. I would just buy a used one from somebody who doesnt want theirs anymore. They go for like $50.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else? i dont see why it couldnt be done, but i want to make sure it if it can or can't be done before i gut mine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
TKMR2 i had my b-pipe modded to have a big cat put in it while using the stock exhaust system just for smog. so if i ever got a downpipe i would not need to take it off for smog. just slap on the stock exhaust system with the cat on the b-pipe and pretty much ready to go. the b-pipe that i had was a jdm one, without a secondary cat, not sure if you can add a big cat to it but don't see why not. my cat was welded on and had the b-pipe flanged so the whole stock exhaust sytem comes off in pieces and makes taking off the exhaust with just jacks and tools easy. oh yea remember to use a 3-way cat.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts