MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a worthwhile investment? What kind of results / improvements (if any) could I expect? What are the downsides (again if any)? Is there anyone that could share their experience with cams and a CT20b ?

Thanks!!

:D

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
ddambra said:
Is it a worthwhile investment? What kind of results / improvements (if any) could I expect? What are the downsides (again if any)? Is there anyone that could share their experience with cams and a CT20b ?

This is a gen3/CT20b setup with 264 HKS cams and a Power FC. The pull was at 1.25 bar on California 91 Octane pump fuel. This was set up for daily driving, so it is a conservative tune. Without the cams I would expect only about 275rwhp at this boost and tune level.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
RickyB said:

This is a gen3/CT20b setup with 264 HKS cams and a Power FC. The pull was at 1.25 bar on California 91 Octane pump fuel. This was set up for daily driving, so it is a conservative tune. Without the cams I would expect only about 275rwhp at this boost and tune level.
also, without the larger cams, wouldnt the power drop off alot more in the high rpms?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rickyb: That's a decent power increase. How lumpy does the car feel with this setup? Mine's a GEN-II but i would assume the differences would be similar.

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
I cannot tell you how easy it would be to meet CA emissions requirements with the 264 cams. Probably not very easy.

It was not a very lumpy idle. It wasn't a stock idle, either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts