MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this because my TPS isn't adjusted correctly? I put in a new O2 sensor and newer late model largeport in my 85. Any suggestions? I was wondering if the late models ECU's are pnp. Lemme know!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i'm using a narrow band.. but before i changed the motor it read rich at WOT.. so I'm kinda wondering what the problem is.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Which injectors did you use in your swap? The early model years used low impedance injectors, I'm pretty sure that tthe later models used high impedance injectors.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im using stock injectors from my bluetop. i switched over all the electronics. so i'm not sure what the deal is. the tps is definitely not adjusted right. will that cause it to lean out on wot till redline?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Have you compared fuel pressure...just a thought, fuel pressure will affect fuel delivery. 85 rail pressure is regulated to 24 to 31 psi with vacuum going to the regulator and 33 to 40 without, according to my Haynes. Perhaps your regulator is not getting its vacuum vented at WOT resulting in a wrong fuel pressure. This is controlled by a VSV, (fuel pressure up VSV)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I have the some problem with my 20v. I think it's because the regular O2 sensor. That's why i'm trying to find wide band O2 kit to test it out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im using a late model fuel rail. maybe the regulators are different? the late model when I got it was connected directly to the intake manifold. i routed it from the VSV to regulator from the IM like I had it on the old motor. Should I try it without the VSV? I think I need to pick myself up a fuel pressure gauge.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I pulled my plugs after a few WOT runs and they had a lot of white stuff packed on the plug. Is that a sign of running super lean?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yes, paper white is lean. Crusty tan is oil burning under conditions of good compression. I've been working on making up fittings to adapt pressure gauges to fuel systems. If you need such a fitting, holler, and tell me where you want it to tap in at.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts