MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I jus ordered a aem but I need a base map for my gen3.

I'm running stock block ,stock injectors for now

A sc61 percession turbo
Hks 44mm waste gate
Innovative wide band
Aeromotive 345
Aem pfr
Msd 6al
coolmist meth kit

And a few other thing I needed a base map if Anyone has one they can pass towards m y direction

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
You just ordered a new AEM? For the price of a new AEM there are far better stand alone options. Check out the vipec and haltech to name a few.

If you are set on the AEM for some reason I was able to use the base map that comes with it to get my 3rd gen running with some tweaking.

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
skidkidz said:
I got it for cheap and i already have it and i should jus run it on gen 2 map?
If you got it used that that is not as big of a deal, I would never get one new though.

Yes, just use the 2nd gen map, as long as you repin the harness correctly you should be able to get it to fire up with some tweaking to that map.

TheEngineer said:
why are so many people against the AEM? Just a question.
It is simply the worst stand alone I have had the nightmare of tuning by far. Besides the very crude/old software and hardware it is horribly unreliable with random things going wrong for no reason and AEM not doing a thing to help. In my case it would randomly switch which wire it thought was input 4 or 5 and I ended up having to wire it to both inputs to make sure it would work.

ATS has some other stuff to say about it as well, overall, it is a horribly outdated, unrelible and hard to tune ECU compared to modern offerings.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Idk what you're saying lol. Try tuning a Cobb with access port and you will wish you had an aem. Every Aem I've ever dealt with was perfect! Simple wizards, tables, and data logging. P.S use AEM Tuner for even more options. It's a good look

·
Banned
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats the part numbers on the map and iat sensors? And also im going to try to get it runing the best i can been reading up for days on end learning and trying to figure out a base map for my car.

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
skidkidz said:
Whats the part numbers on the map and iat sensors? And also im going to try to get it runing the best i can been reading up for days on end learning and trying to figure out a base map for my car.
Not sure on the part numbers, you can look it up online. Just pick up a generic 3 bar GM map sensor and GM IAT. As long as you get a voltage chart for the sensor you can program it into the AEM.

Technically you could use the factory sensors but I could never get them calibrated exact and it was just easier to move to the GM sensors.

The MAP sensor is more important, you can just not use the IAT sensor for the time being to get it started.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy an AEM map sensor. The GM map sensors have horrible resolution under vacuum. I know some frown on the AEM ecus but I have never had any performance issues with them.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Eric Hux said:
Do yourself a favor and buy an AEM map sensor. The GM map sensors have horrible resolution under vacuum. I know some frown on the AEM ecus but I have never had any performance issues with them.
X2 not to mention you can buy them on ebay for like 50.00 bucks

·
Banned
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yab im going to ordeer a aem map and iat this weekend and im hooking up m computer tommrow to check if its geting power

·
Registered
88 Posts
why are so many people against the AEM? Just a question.
You seem to have a good deal of knowledge about the AEM CPU. I have an older unit that is no longer supported by AEM. I am currently using an external pressure switch in the manifold that is set for 15 psi for water injection. Is there a way to do this from the CPU? I will pass it on to my tuner.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
You seem to have a good deal of knowledge about the AEM CPU. I have an older unit that is no longer supported by AEM. I am currently using an external pressure switch in the manifold that is set for 15 psi for water injection. Is there a way to do this from the CPU? I will pass it on to my tuner.

Thanks
I am quite removed from playing around with the AEM but my tuner who is very well versed in it would certainly have an answer for you. Check out Granite State Dyno in NH

1 - 14 of 14 Posts