MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
Do you plan on adding the cam trigger to your car?

Very nice setup, about time someone came out with a plug and play COP setup for the MR2!

Look at all that complexity you just removed and weight for that matter!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Texas_Ace said:
Do you plan on adding the cam trigger to your car?

Very nice setup, about time someone came out with a plug and play COP setup for the MR2!

Look at all that complexity you just removed and weight for that matter!
Yes, I will be adding the cam trigger when we complete the cam phaser we are working on.

It certainly does give me some space back.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Jeff,

do you know where i can buy the pins that go into the female plugs for the 1zz coils?
I have contact a local Toyota dealer but all they have is the pin with wire already connected to them. Sorry if im being a bit anal but the thing is that Im making a new engine harness for scratch.

thanks in advance
Mike

·
Registered
2,588 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are a few things you'll need if you're using the stock manifold, like the support bracket... That was interesting to cut. And if you're using the stock manifold and plan on keeping the support which is highly advisable, you'll need to drill two 10mm holes in the coil bracket for the bolts to pass through. You will also require two fairly skinny 1.5 inch (approx 50mm) spacers to support the bracket so its not fastening against the valve cover. If you're doing a trunk mount IC well then hey, this doesn't apply! Trying to get my kit installed now, seems there's another speed bump around every turn.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
any recommendations/option choices for someone using your kit with an ecuamsters emu black ?
We are running a 12 tooth trigger wheel on our ECUmasters classic system. It's pretty simple to set up on the software. If you have any specific questions about the settings let me know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, sorry if I missed something, I don't see this for sale on the website. Is this something you will be offering eventually? Looking for the bracket and the COPs as I'll be running a MSPNP.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow I fail at reading comprehension. I was looking at that the other day but somehow thought it was not for the GEN2 3SGTE. It definitely looks like it is. Thanks :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
FWIW, the distributor has all the cam/crank sync signals to run a COP setup. A crank wheel is nice to account for timing drift due to timing belt stretch, but it's not 100% needed.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts