MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before I put the engine in my car I think i'll install a timing belt. Might as well. Is the timing belt the same as a US spec gze?
I'm going to do the abv mod. Is the sc and throttle body setup the same as the US spec directions i've seen posted?
Is the oil filter and plug wires the same on the ae92 vs US gze.

This is a repost but only 8views we seen in the JDM section.

Thanks for any advice,
Dennis

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
oil filter is the same - same block cast essentially.....

some of the piping is slightly different for the i/c obviously since they are located in different places..... the ae92 location right over the valve cover is the same

spark plug wires - depends on if you have a distributor based gze.... if so, then quite possible that they are the same..... can't see why they would change it

timing belt *should* be the same between all 16V motors..... i didn't need to swap the one on my gze, however my smallport (jdm) was the same as the us belt.....

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool.
I guess I could visually inspect the timing belt but since the engine is out wouldn't it be better to just have one installed. It would be cheaper on labour. Thanks for the tip on the oil filter.
I have the parts for the IC swap. They were hard to find. Especially the sc exit pipe.

As for ic couplers would the "plumbquik" hose the n/a's use for the intake mod be fine for routing the new ic pipes? shoul I get some nifty speed shop silicone couples? I guess they would look better.

·
Ontario's first MK1.5,'05
5,126 Posts
Dennis,

use the proper hoses for the IC couplers. They must be re-enforeced. They will colape inward when not in boost. You will need 2 more hoses plus those 2 that are on that motor already. Last time i checked at the dealer, they were $65 CND each.

Martin

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
or just go to any diesel company that deals with building/rebuilding diesel & turbo diesel engines...... they definatley have to have something

1 - 6 of 6 Posts