MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im looking to get a new engine, supercharged of course, but i was wondering which would be the best bet for the money, levin which costs alil more with 10 crank HP more than the stock aw11 gze which is alil cheaper... is that lil bit of HP worth all that much more and also worth the trouble of having to mod the tranny?

thanks
justin

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
toyotaspeed90 said:
um.... the later ae92 and ae101 are rated more than 10chp...... 145 vs 165 then 175.....
i'd go with this one too because it most likely has less miles on the motor if you're not going to be opening the engine up...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so go with a later ae101 gze with 175hp?

justin

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I thought you would have to. If you swap a 4age 20v you did and that engine was in a fwd car same a the 4agze in the levin. Why wouldn't you.

Kyle

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
If you are doing a NA to SC swap the tranny does have to be modded. Also if you are doing a swap the AW11 will be easier as the wiring is alot less complicated.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so ur saying, if i do go from NA to gze (aw11) ill have to mod the gze tranny to fit?? or do you mean ill have to mod the levin tranny? i thought you just modded to tranny to go from fwd to rwd?

Justin

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
No the levin tranny will need modding not the AW11 one that is direct bolt on.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah supermr2 that was what i thought because it is the same thing as using the tranny from the 4age 20v. Both come from fwd cars so both have to be modded.

Kyle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts