MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, what are the good starting mods i can do to my mr2? any advices?

any minor or little mods are ok as long as it improves my car, even if it's just a bit of improvement.. thanks!

·
20v Super Two
5,026 Posts
Short throw shift kit, a nice new shift knob, new wheel. If you're looking to make your car faster - invest in a new suspension. Seriously :)

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
This page will tell you most of what you should do to spruce up your MR2 and get it running like new again. Make sure you've done all these before looking into mods. As for those, I'd say a cone filter, poly bushings, any and all weight reduction you can do, Speed Source shifting parts, Jon O. shift kit, stainless braided brake hoses, and last but certainly most important, some quality high-performance tires!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
MazterDizazter said:
This page will tell you most of what you should do to spruce up your MR2 and get it running like new again. Make sure you've done all these before looking into mods. As for those, I'd say a cone filter, poly bushings, any and all weight reduction you can do, Speed Source shifting parts, Jon O. shift kit, stainless braided brake hoses, and last but certainly most important, some quality high-performance tires!

i think im going to get this shift kit from twosrus Shift Kit

Where can i get/find cone fileter, poly bushings, stainless braided brake hoses and struts?

im also planning to change the suspension (i've seen expensive ones). any good suspension brand to get?

my mr2 is my daily driver, so im going to upgrade it. improvements are always welcome :)

thanks for the reply guys. i really, really appreciate it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Where can i get/find cone fileter, poly bushings, stainless braided brake hoses and struts?
you can get cone filter at almost any auto parts store nowadays. many to choose from.. i like k&n but they can be a lil pricey. you can always get some cheapo pep boys or advance auto filter. not much difference in performance.

poly bushings you can get either through twosrus or ebay. i know ebay has them for $115 shipped.

steel braided brake lines you can also get through twosrus

strut inserts can be found either through twosrus, or ebay. theres other companies who supply the inserts but i cant think of them off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
seems to be the most popular brands are Tokico or Koni...you can get both at TwosRus.com...i imagine there are other brands, but i cant remember what they are...and the ST springs are rather popular as well..i have them and i cant complain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts