MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the AW11 family with a new-to-me 100% bone-stock supercharged car!

While I love the little green light telling me the supercharger is engaged, I'm used to having a boost gauge so I know if I'm building full boost in my other cars, and I'd love the same for this one. I assume it would be a good early warning indicator for supercharger issues, boost leaks, clutch/belt issues, etc.

Are my assumptions reasonable? Does anyone have a boost gauge setup they love? Things I'm looking for:
- Something that either matches my stock interior well or can be hidden when not in use
- Preferably a stepper motor-type gauge w/ an electronic sending unit for accuracy/reliability
- NOT a 60psi/4bar range since I don't plan on running anything more than stock boost!

Looking for specific gauge model recommendations, pictures of your setup, and/or install recommendations (where you tapped into the pressurized size of the intake, etc). Thanks!

·
Driving MR2s since '89
4,034 Posts
AutoMeter makes many boost gauges in a variety styles, mechanical and electronic. There are some that only have a 15 or 20 psi range.

·
Registered
1986 MK1.5
448 Posts
I’m a fan of Speedhut stuff. They have many options and you can customize the gauges to your liking as well. My boost gauge is mounted on the top of my steering column for easy view. I also have their oil pressure gauge mounted on top of the radio stack. Their stuff seems pretty bulletproof, especially compared to the Prosport junk it replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts