MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advan Designs (advancarbon.com) lists a vented hood for the MKII which appears to be much different from the Border-style vented hoods.

It is also available at carbonsignature.com and from vividracing.com.

All 3 sites use the same stock photo. Does anyone have additional photos of this hood? Anyone had experience with this hood?

I suspect that cutting a hole in the frunk is necessary to make this vented hood fully functional.

Do I need a vented hood? No. Do I want a functioning vented hood? Absolutely!

Constructive comments welcomed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vented hood link

mr2 oc won't let me post any links.

I attached a .jpg of the picture, but I can't see it as I type, so I don't know if it worked. This is the only picture of the hood you will find anywhere, and the website labels it "Picture for Style Reference only." Contact with Donnie Kie at AdvanCarbon.com revealed that Vivid is the dealer, but AdvanCarbon has the mold, but, apparently, they do not have the time or the storage space to make a prototype. This all seems to imply that I may or MAY NOT get what's in the picture. It seems awfully risky, considering that it is priced at $999.00 US and they can't even give me dimensions on the size of the vent opening.

Does anyone know if Advancarbon is the same thing as the "ADVAN" that is sponsored all over the SW20 jgtc car? If I knew that Advan Carbon Technologies had a racing pedigree, I might be more inclined to order this hood.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts