MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As most of you know, when putting a universal adjustable FPR on most engines, you will need an adapter for the fuel rail to use it. I tried using the search function, but couldn't find anything that helpfule. So my question is:

1. Where can I get an adapter for the fuel rail?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've searched and found that you can use a -6AN to 3/8 NPT adapter on the fuel rail for the 3S-GTE is this the same for the 4A-GE?

This is a picture of the type of fitting they are describing:

Will it screw into the stock fuel rail?

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
I don't think the rail is tapped for a fitting like that at all but that shouldn't be too hard to do. I know there is a few people here that have AFPR so hopefully one of them will chime in soon.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Had the same problem . Just drill out the insides of the stock FPR and now you have an adapter . Someone does make what your looking for. I found it at Lordco long after I drilled mine . Just check under FPR adapters for an MR2 .

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What type of brass fitting are you talking about?

I went to Home Depot and couldn't find anything usable. Do you have a picture of what you are using?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well after some more research, it seems the oem fpr of the 3s-gte is already threaded... thats why you can use the fitting, but in the case of the 4a-ge.. the fuel pressure regulator has a barb type fitting like the blue one in the picture above.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
i can tell you what I did on my ae92 (back when i had it) and it worked great...... you can use the stock FPR if you modify it.

drill a ~3/8" hold in the direct center of the top of the FPR and pull the spring out. But make sure the diaphram is still intact inside. Basically you now have a free flowing FPR that you can run a fuel line to. Again, i did do this on my ae92 and it did not leak whatsoever.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks alot...

The best price I've found for the item I am looking for is from prostreetonline:
http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/weapon_r_fuel_pressure_regulator_adapter_kits/958-112-102/

But $25 (after shipping) is too much, considering I paid $20 for the Adjustable FPR already.. Im gonna get a few extra ones from the junkyard, and then try drilling them. My main suggestion is before you buy the one off ebay.. make sure it comes with the adapter. I didn't realize they had a different one for $25 that comes with it already.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out after I drill it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to follow up on this topic...

I chose not to drill the stock FPR. Instead I got an extra fuel rail from the junkyard, and brought it to a local machine shop, and had them tap the fuel pressure regulator outlet and put threads there, and had them provide a fitting for it, so I could screw it in or out.

It was a 1/4 NPT fitting which I then went to Home Depot and got the rest of the fittings to plumb up the aftermarket FPR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts