MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys
Currently I’m using 3mm double side tape to affix my Emblem to the trunk lid. Is there certain type I should use? Right now the 3mm tape is doing its job but I’m in the process of painting the emblem black. I wanna see if there a particular adhesive tape out there.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Use 3M spray mount for a cleaner fit. Just lay the emblem on cardboard and coat the back then place it where you want. Not exacto knife required. Comes in a can like spray paint.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Use 3M spray mount for a cleaner fit. Just lay the emblem on cardboard and coat the back then place it where you want. Not exacto knife required. Comes in a can like spray paint.
WTH! There is such a thing as spray adhesive? Wow, I have no “glue” there’s such a thing.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
You need to use 3M plastic emblem and trim adhesive! Any thing else will screw the paint up! Here is my video.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I wonder, can I use this 3mm for the door side molding?
No...absolutely not. The door side molding uses a 2 sided 3M tape. The plastic emblem and trim adhesive is not strong enough to hold the door molding on....If that was your question? LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts