MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some work done by the neighborhood mechanic. He was adding some coolant at the last minute when I arrived to pickup the car. I know there is a pretty lengthy procedure to burp the coolant? But he definitely didn't do that. Am I in trouble?

He added it to the rear cap in the engine bay. 91 NA if that matters.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Depends what was done and how much coolant needed to be replaced. Engine installation yes, dropping the level a touch to replace for example a throttle body water hose, no.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
A quart is a fair amount, more than what I'd consider a top-up to be.
After you come home from a drive park the car with rear end higher that front. Using an angle drive or simply a 2x4 under rear tyres will help. In morning before starting engine check coolant level in rear rad cap to see what is required and add water to top up. This will evaluate if you have any leaks and assist evacuation of any trapped air from the system.

jimb

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A quart is a fair amount, more than what I'd consider a top-up to be.
After you come home from a drive park the car with rear end higher that front. Using an angle drive or simply a 2x4 under rear tyres will help. In morning before starting engine check coolant level in rear rad cap to see what is required and add water to top up. This will evaluate if you have any leaks and assist evacuation of any trapped air from the system.

jimb
Thanks. I will try this. I don't know how much he added exactly, it couldn't have been more than a 5 second carefully slow pour from a larger container.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts