MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Hum.... Slow reaction time lol, but looks like you would have got screwed if you where on the other lane or if you where going a bit faster.
Glad you and car are ok.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Its hard to see but it looks like you would of missed him anyways if you had just kept going straight without gas or braking. Did you brake at the same time you turned the wheel? Your rear stepped out a little which shouldn't happen at that speed/steering angle.

No offense but I see stuff like this happen almost daily.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Levi said:
Its hard to see but it looks like you would of missed him anyways if you had just kept going straight without gas or braking. Did you brake at the same time you turned the wheel? Your rear stepped out a little which shouldn't happen at that speed/steering angle.

No offense but I see stuff like this happen almost daily.
I probably would, but at that instant I didn't take that chance. The other driver could've also change his mind and hit the brakes, you never know.

I also encounter these things alot, it just so happens that the camera was running this time. But yeah, the rear did step out a bit unexpected. I hit the brakes too hard initially while turning the wheel, causing a bit of understeer, then let the brakes go and turned the wheel the other way. That caused the tail to step out just a bit. This was at around 100km/h or just over 60mph.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eazy2001x said:
is it me.. or are you switching from lane to lane for no reason, speeding and not indicating?
Correct. This is very late at night, if you notice the traffic lights are not working anymore as they are flashing orange.
Ofcourse that's not the way I drive normally, I was on my way home from a late night cruise and I'm driving the "racing line" if you will through that corner, that's the reason I changed lanes and didn't indicate as there were no cars behind or in front me to see me indicating. The car I passed took a left as soon as I went by.

It may seem a bit reckless, but that's just the part of the film that I posted, the rest was just boring driving within the rules

1 - 10 of 10 Posts