MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing abs back in the car where the previous owner removed it. It's all hooked up except the passenger side rear. I looked at the bgb and it shows a harness that comes from what looks like under the car and contains the cruise controll and anti theft, neither which I believe I have. Can anyone post a picture or tell me what else is on the harness?

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
That's pretty much it. It runs along the rocker panel in the passenger side of the car under the carpet, then through the firewall and snakes around the RH side of the engine bay to the area where the cruise control module is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alex thank you! Instead of starting in the engine I took your advice and started at the rocker. The roll bar was in the way but I found the whole harness rolled up and stuffed behind the plastic speaker area all intact!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I just did this the other day (new car without ABS). I couldn't work out what the other wires were for but cruise control makes sense (never seen a cruise control car here). My next task will be to work out where the wires go after plugging the harness into the plug in front of the door. I am guessing all cars have the wiring to the ABS ECU regardless of options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts