MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have anyone buy engine from Toysport before......are they good ...

looking at a PREPARED ENGINES 4AGZE LATE FORGED TURBO PISTON 8.3:1
For $2500.00

And why they use 8.3:1 piston?

·
Registered
4,486 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Because you can make more power with less PSI with 9.0:1!

IMO, 8.5:1 is the lowest I would go and up to 9.5:1 for the highest.

10.5:1 + 5 psi from a TD04 13 or TD05 14b would be nice too!

Su

·
Moroccan Gold Imports
1,625 Posts
Toysport is GARBAGE, STAY AWAY! More than a few of us on here have had problems with them and they are not recommended by anyone I know.

Seriously, I cannot post this enough, steer clear of toysport. I don't care what they are offering or at what price, you are far better off spending more elsewhere. We need a toysport sticky thread where we can all post how bad they are at once. Is that allowed?

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
first4age said:
Because you can make more power with less PSI with 9.0:1!

IMO, 8.5:1 is the lowest I would go and up to 9.5:1 for the highest.

10.5:1 + 5 psi from a TD04 13 or TD05 14b would be nice too!

Su
I am aware of this... but there are not many choices for forged low c/r pistons for the 4ag.

JE - Doesn't make them any more (have to do custom)
Arias- makes an 8.6:1 c/r 82mm (uhh.... Sorry but I wont do a 1mm overbore)
Weisco - Only Hi-comp listed

So... 8.3:1 is not all that bad. I mean it's still better than 8:1 GZE pistons.

Personally... I am using 9.0:1 c/r CUSTOM machined pistons from Hasselgren.. they are 81.5mm (0.5mm O/S)... BTW this piston is also a 19mm wrist pin and can only be used with Carillo Con-rods (which I am using).

So... I agree with you Su.. But 8.3:1 is not bad considering what's out there.

Marco

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
Wiseco makes any and all numbers available to you. You just need to tell them the specs. Call Richard at www.TEDcomponents.com and he can get you whatever compression you need.
JE is the same way. They never "list" numbers on the interweb. Part numbers are associated with the requestor of the part. So if Racing Strong Motoirsports orders a 8.5:1 turbo piston, I get one part number, if Strongs Outboard Service orders the same exact part it is given another part number.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
right, I mentioned JE does custom... as you mentioned Weisco does too.

But, they are more costly than off the self parts (at least in the case of JE when I inquired). Plus you will have to wait a few weeks.

Without a doubt... it is worth it in my opinion. I chose 9.0:1 for my 4agte. But I was just stating my opinion that 8.3:1 isn't all that bad.

Look at the power (including great low end) that Brent was making with his 4agte and that was just 8.0:1 c/r

Marco

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I ordered so killer NA pistons from Wiseco they where $500 a set but I went through a machine shop since I was headed to the Middle East at the time

So the machine shop has there name attached to the pistons even though they used my specs

Well, not my specs what I did was get some pistons from Japan and sent them to Wiseco and said I want pistons just like these. I did not get exactly what I wanted but they are probably some of the best NA pistons out there at that price range

Maybe if you went in with other people and did a group buy you could get the price reduced I know I would be interested in some for the GZE but I would want a slight overbore

I won?t go through another company (middle man) unless they are giving you a good deal

Davegt27

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
the GZE pistons are a work of art they just need better wrist pins and the valve grooves need to be cut for larger valves

and the CR needs to be figured out

Davegt27

1 - 12 of 12 Posts