MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SW20 Gets Girls
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Splashnatz doesn't seem to have any of his pics hosted anymore and he was the only board member I know of that had the kit installed on his car.

I wonder if anyone in North America has the full kit...? :)

I'd LOVE to see one done up with the full aero, slammed, with some ridiculously wide wheels. It would definitely fit in with automotive trends these days.

Because I've fallen in love with this kit, here are the pics I've found while scouring the 'net:

·
SW20 Gets Girls
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

And... Splashnatz car.

·
SW20 Gets Girls
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you folks know of any others, post 'em!

·
SW20 Gets Girls
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weird center mount wing. I couldn't find any other GOOD pics of it while browsing the UK board.

·
SW20 Gets Girls
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
gouki86 said:
I bought my fender flares on EBAY from the UK, I got my stuff pretty fast, here is the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REDUCED-MR2-TURBO-AB-LUG-WIDE-ARCH-FENDER-FLARES-BODYKIT-/231008643600?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c9302a10

and my progress, I've been combining the abflug flares with border skirts and rear pods. Hopefully I'll have this thing ready for paint soon. I'm still debating on doing the front flares.

Those would have been nice if they actually matched the AB's. They brought the arch out too far and more importantly down to low.

If you look at the AB's, the bottom edge of the highest point of the arch is still above the trim molding that runs the length of the car where as those ones from the UK, the highest point of the arch is below the trim molding. Granted, this is just my opinion, but it just doesn't look right with the arch that low and the arch not matching the wheel correctly or the original arch lines of the car like the AB's.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
There is no such thing as abflug fender flares for the mr2. What you see are skyline fenders customized for the mr2.

I was the one who initiated the group buy for these fender flares on this board but by the time they were ready, no one wanted them.

I bought r33 skyline fenders flares from Japan and sent them to Chaser to have them adapted to our cars.

And no, I've already sold the two sets I had.

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=425687

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=367071

·
Registered
63 Posts
Floating spoiler lol, I hate that spoiler it only looks good from the front it is from a Nissan, it's sat too far forward on the boot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know where I can find the Abflug style flares? I bought the ones above off of eBay before I knew they were a low fender arch. The low arch is definitely not the look I am going for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts