MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I won't get real result until I put it on the dyno.
But,I am wondering about this. Take a brand new motor that goes in the 91 MR2 and add the CT27 turbo to it with the usdm ecu a KO racing DP, HKS fcd and basically a universal style exhaust well as a lightened flywheel.What would the projected hp range to the wheel.Then after that what would it be if I add the 550 injectors.And if I just add the 550 injectors would there be other things that I would have to add that would be needed with the injectors if so what would it be.

·
Registered
827 Posts
You also need a way to control the injectors. I didn't notice an adjustable FPR/S-AFC combo on your list, or an EMS of any kind. You can't just drop upgraded injectors in the car and expect them to work. Sure, the car will run, but it will be pig rich costing you fuel economy, performance, and fouled plugs.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey armstrom I have looked into these items as well.I beleave I will go that route when I get the bigger injectors.But when doing this would ZI need to do the timing retard right away for the extra hp or is it just best to do the timing retard when i get these items you have listed for better results.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I would pay an experienced tuner to tune your car once you have the items you want. Someone who is familiar with the AFC's tendency to advance timing when A/F is leaned out, is essential. You may also want an adjustable FPR so you can lower the fuel presssure a little and leave the AFC for ADDING fuel where you need it with the 550's. And leave your base timing set to factory, 10 deg. BTDC.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much guys thats the plan to find the right person to tune my 2.
Perhaps I can find someone in North Carolina that knows the MR2 and can do a good tunning for me.I will just have to sources them out thats all.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
marc at turbotune in greensboro has worked on mr2s before, and hes just amazing with cars on the dyno (hes on the mopar drag neon team FYI)

garrett

1 - 9 of 9 Posts