MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a couple questions/problems. I finally installed that quick flasher kit but my hazards don't work and neither does my horn. Also what fluid can leak from the front cause I sometimes have a couple of drops of this orangish brown liquid. Also wondering if anyone knows if the fog lights will bolt / wire up easily to my N/A and if anyone is selling a set. One more thing is does anyone get a horrible lag sometimes on their 5SFE?? Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
It's your blinker fluid leaking thats why it's orange and also why your hazard aren't working you just need to fill it up.........J/K!

Anyways, where is it leaking fom in the front? What area? It could be that your antifreeze is needing to be flushed and thats why it's a orangish brown color and it can be leaking from possibly some hoses on the radiator or even you might have a small hole or something in the radiator itself. Also, could be brake fluid leaking from one of the lines. It also could just be rusty water dripping from somewhere on the body etc. Need a more generalization of where you are getting the drips from.

As far as the "lag" sometimes when my car was just started and I didn't give it much of a chance to warm up before taking off it feels as if it has a little well "lag" so to speak maybe takes a second or so for so for it to kick in and go. Almost like it's out of time but it's not....cause I checked....Anyways, All three of my two do that so it must be inherant symptom. Once warm however, it doesn't have it at all and it isn't "horrible" like you are describing either.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, well it still does it after the warm up but only sometimes. Thanks though for the fluid information, I'll check those. And I have to get a new oil can gasket soon cause it spilled hella oil onto the heat shields today. -_-

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
SW21Boy said:
Also wondering if anyone knows if the fog lights will bolt / wire up easily to my N/A and if anyone is selling a set.
Normally the all power (windows, doors, mirrors) two's are pre-wired from the factory for ABS and fog lights. All you need for the fog lights, assuming you have an all power two, is a relay and the fog lights themselves.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
As far as the "lag" sometimes when my car was just started and I didn't give it much of a chance to warm up before taking off it feels as if it has a little well "lag" so to speak maybe takes a second or so for so for it to kick in and go. Almost like it's out of time but it's not....cause I checked....Anyways, All three of my two do that so it must be inherant symptom. Once warm however, it doesn't have it at all and it isn't "horrible" like you are describing either.
mine does the exact same thing and stops when cold.. it just recently started, along with my extra smoke-blowing and seal leakage... i think its the oil in the chamber partially fowling out the plugs, then burning off..

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The leak sounds like really old coolant which needs to be flushed and refilled.
The lag, I have it as well when running cold. I changed plugs, wires, cap, and rotor and it's not as bad any more.

·
Registered
768 Posts
kerosxlahvnhugz said:
Normally the all power (windows, doors, mirrors) two's are pre-wired from the factory for ABS and fog lights. All you need for the fog lights, assuming you have an all power two, is a relay and the fog lights themselves.
Not always. My 91 NA has power (windows, locks, & mirrors) and isn't pre-wired for fogs. But my car also doesn't have power steering, t-tops, or premium stereo either.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. God Im getting her checked up on tommorow and hope that everything can be fixed with the oil. My 2 has no power anything so do i need a different fuse box or something to bolt up the fog lights?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hope everything gets fixed on your car.

As far as fog lights, try searching the forum. There been some posts regarding this topic on how to install them onto a car that's not pre-wired.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Well I got the results. Not good: Needs new timing belt, oil pump assy, seals, crank, camshaft, oil pump seal, and oil pan gasket. -_- Im looking at 750 and I still owe my family 4800 for the car. Also my radiator being so old needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
660 Posts
uhh i hope you arent changing your radiator simply due to age lol.. ouch $750.. I guess I cant justify any shop bill as being reasonable I never have and dont plan on ever taking my vehicles to a shop.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wish i could do the work my self, but im not confident enough to try. As for the radiator im replacing it because its cracked and cover completely in rust. Also how much are the OEM foglights and is anyone selling them?

·
Registered
768 Posts
SW21Boy said:
I wish i could do the work my self, but im not confident enough to try. As for the radiator im replacing it because its cracked and cover completely in rust. Also how much are the OEM foglights and is anyone selling them?
Just saw someone from Canada selling some brand new fogs for $250 in the for sale section.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah new crank and camshaft so says the mechanic....-_- anyways going to pick her up today. All the work is gonna be done later today including the new radiator. Ill post later tonight maybe with pics if I get too it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
-_- probably but whatever. shes not gonna be done tell tommorow at noon so thats 2 days without driving her. :(

·
Registered
434 Posts
i hope you just mean the seals...otherwise i am going to have to hoist the colors :bsflag:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well guys i got her back. She got "fixed" but they didn't wash the engine like they said so i went and did that. Drove her around and stopped to check to see if any leaks where happening, i saw orange liquid but it was still burning like oil any ideas??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts