MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALright ive been looking at the all the stickies and such and ive searched alot but i havent really come across any answers to any of my questions. First i dont have the 5sfte set up yet but i believe im going to start saving and getting the proper parts just starting with the basic 3sgte manifold and the stock turbo and everything. But ive been looking to see if there were any bigger injectors then the 315 and the 360s that you can use because ive read that people trying to use t3/t4 turbos begin to run lean and i think im going to probably upgrade to one of those down the line and i want to be a little safe since ive read the 315's run almost full dutie at like 210 or so and the 360's at 230 which i probably wont be close to but i mean i want to be safe for if and when i go t3/t4 ya know and to go with that what about fuel rail i havent seen much info on the capabilities of the stock 5sfe fuel rail. Also what would people suggest for full ems for the 5sfte ive been looking around and havent found much info on that either any help would be great and this will be a pretty long drawn out projuect first going to start with the basics and the necesary equipement and save and upgrade but any info would be great so i can start saving and planning as needed.

Chris

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
You can use bigger injectors but you will need something to control them like an EMS. The 5s computer with larger injectors will just dump in fuel at WOT and you will run way too rich. I heard about some 450cc injectors from an rx7 that will fit. For injector options I would talk to Wolfcatz here on the board. Also my experience has been that the 315cc injectors reach 100% duty cycle at about 190rwhp and the 360cc ones won't be much higher because the 5s computer really can't give you an optimal mixture.

The fuel rail is good for 400+rwhp but the stock fuel pump runs out at about 235rwhp.

For an EMS there are many options but none of them are plug and play... MegaSquirt, AEM, TEC, SDS, Nemesis to name a few. Basically anything that works on a 3s can be modified to work on a 5s but it's going to take a little more work.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks alot helped alot this project is going to be a long time coming, planning on just starting with a basic set up and saving and upgrading and ive been reading and i figured i would have to go stand alone with the bigger injectors so i was pretty much sure of that um but yea the info helps alot and its nice to know the fuel rail is good for that much power pretty cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts