MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some guages for my freind for quite cheaply, 30 bux for a autometer a/f and and oil psi guage. I plan on puting the oil psi guage in, but im some what hesitant in putting in the a/f (for the the thought of being thought of as a ricer noob) but i would like to see when the a/f fluctuates, since i have a ems and im planning on tunning it off boost(with a wideband at that point). but for now i just want to see when its rich or lean when im running off boost.

what are your thoughts on this

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
An a/f gauge hooked up to the stock o2 sensor will tell you a lot less than you are hoping for. If the o2 sensor is working properly, the gauge will just bounce back between rich and lean constantly while you're cruising, and when you are boosting it will go to full rich and stay there. All it does is tell you when your ECU switches in and out of open loop mode.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
^it also tells you if your o2 sensor is dead... i know because my a/f gauge is all out of whack. But like what hamster has stated, it's pretty much useless. More of a cosmetic thing you put in your car.

...I don't understand how some people can put that thing on their A-pillar. It would drive me nuts having that thing flickering back and forth in my vision while driving.

I dunno... just me.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This is cool

http://www.scirocco.org/tech/misc/afgauge/af.html

I got a A/F. right now its hooked up to my stock O2 sensor and its on the A-pillar. It does not bug me at all. I plan on hooking it up to a wideband when I do my turbo swap. So having it right now is not all that great but I like it. May be ricie but I really dont care what other ppl think of my ride I like it.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts