MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can order the speed flaps on the later mr2s as well as the lower air dam that extends past the stock bumper?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
just wondering, i saw that my 2003 highlander has speed flaps. i was wondering if they are the same exact ones that were used on MR2's? anybody know?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Probably not but they would likely work.

Speed flaps are kind of universal. A piece of flat metal infront of the tire is going to help over nothing like we have.

It would be nice to have easier access to the OEM version though. Maybe someone can make a mold out of a set of authenic ones and make them out of some type of rubber or poly?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
thing is, i saw the OEM MR2 flaps, and they look exactly the same as the ones i have on my Highlander. highlander ones are a tad longer though.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
There was another recent thread on this subject where somebody indicated that the new Celica performance models also have speed flaps too - haven't checked into it yet, but these might be closer to the right size for an MR2 (particularly if you have lower the suspension).

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Kupop said:
Probably not but they would likely work.

Speed flaps are kind of universal. A piece of flat metal infront of the tire is going to help over nothing like we have.

It would be nice to have easier access to the OEM version though. Maybe someone can make a mold out of a set of authenic ones and make them out of some type of rubber or poly?
I have the OEM version still unused and I kind of looked into having a mold made from them. I forgot the initial cost of the mold, but I calculated I would have to sell close to 100 of them just to break even on the mold, not counting materials, labor, or any other expenses.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Where did you purchase them from?

Try to get a hold of Kirk, kirkosaurus. He might be able to make a mold out of them and reproduce poly versions. He does motor mount inserts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts