MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ok so the guy sent me the invoice which basically says to wire money by using moneygram to Google Wallet Financial Agent Details:

Name: Aaron Jensen
Address: 5910 Queens Thorpe Ct
City: Richmond
State: VA
Zip: 23227

After that the company will ship me a car with title and the transaction is covered up $20000. I will have 7 days to accept the car.

I can't believe there are some uneducated people who believe in this crap. It is like send me money in mail and I will send you a car. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ok so the guy sent me the invoice which basically says to wire money by using moneygram to Google Wallet Financial Agent
Below Copied From Google Wallet Help page:

Fraudulent merchants & scams

Here are some tips for safer shopping and recognizing scams:

If the seller requests payment through a wire transfer, money transfer services such as Western Union or Moneygram, or direct bank transfers, it's likely fraudulent. Google Wallet does NOT support these payment methods.

Scammers may reference the terms Verified Google Wallet Agent, Regional Manager, Purchase Protection Account, or some other form of escrow account in their spoofed invoice. None of these terms are used by Wallet.

Scammers may request high dollar transactions to be broken down into smaller payments, sometimes with each payment going to a different person.

If the price of the goods you're interested in purchasing seems too good to be true, it probably is. Scammers also often claim to have the new hot item that's sold out everywhere else.

Spoofed invoices are often related to scams for vehicles, boats, pianos, or tractors, where the scammer makes false claims that the high-cost purchase will be protected by Google Wallet.

A spoofed invoice is a scam invoice designed to look like it came from Google Wallet. However, Google Wallet no longer sends out invoices, so the transaction is fraudulent and has nothing to do with Google.

If you received a fake Google Wallet invoice, you may wish to file a report with the appropriate authorities and/or your regional fraud reporting center, like the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center.
I think you should report him and his invoice to the Internet Crime Complaint Center just to see what happens.:)

·
Registered
709 Posts
I emailed the whole correspondence to Richmond VA (where address of money transfer is located ) Internet Crime FBI division. I doubt they will do something about that but I cc the seller too so he can see what and to whom I am reporting ;-)

61 - 64 of 64 Posts