MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I responded to his parts for sale listing that said "eibach springs/adjustible struts on 92' turbo housings" at http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=137924 . Over an IM conversation, he mentioned that he'd taken the rears off and they said "eibach" on them, and he hadn't taken the fronts off but take them off soon. Assuming that all four were Eibach pro-kits, I made him an offer for all four struts and springs, with the rear struts on Tokico Illuminas and the fronts on OEM replacements. Upon receiving them months later, due to various hassles with the post office and delays in getting the fronts off the cars, I discovered that the fronts were in fact stock springs. Annoyed at this turn of events, I asked him for a partial refund, as I would've made a lower offer had I known that the fronts were not Eibachs, but he refused. His defense was that he never claimed that the fronts were Eibachs, which is true, but he made no attempt to describe the front springs either. This is a gray area where the "sin of omission" is the worst label that could be put on this situation, but this is a poor first buying experience from a non-vendor on a board that prides itself on being above other car-centered communities on the internet.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I apologize for the trouble this sale has caused you. As lab states, I never mis represented the items sold. After exchanging several emails, I never put a garuntee on what the complete combo was, As I bought the car for the motor and to part out. I did not know what it was equipped with. Honestly it is so hard to part out a car, I will never do it again due the the hassle and it making me look like a scammer because of people mis interpreting things from email to email. I did not set out to rip lab off nor anyone I sell anything to. We communicated as civilized human beings, I know he is ticked off, but I am also ticked off to know that someone only installed rear lowering springs, what is that about?? The reason I knew the rears were eibachs is they were attached to my crossmember when I dropped the motor and trans out. I didnt misrepresent or purposly rip off lab and I sincerly appologize for this mess. I could possibly offer you a part or two from my for sale thread to bury the hatchet.....Money is tight now, but I am more than happy to send you a part from the car you need. Thats the best I could do right now. I will talk to you over aol and we can work things out.

Sorry.....
94mr2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts