MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that it is worth it to sell my 95 N/A for a 94 Turbo with a 5 spd? The 94 is $6000 it has 55K Kilometers, exhaust, rims, turbo timer, BOV, plug wires, and a few other things. My 95 is bone stock, and its an auto.

·
Registered
207 Posts
umm no... tell me where this 94 is and i will buy it... save you the trouble :)

keep the 95.. its uhh rare and stuff

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
He's in Japan....95's are not rare there...

·
Registered
19 Posts
sounds like a good deal

Make sure you check the car out...Some people like to ride hard and forget about keeping a good service on the vehicle. Check the turbo for oil leaks, and the basics on the mr2, like cooling etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked everything in the car and i mean everything. Yea 90-95 MR2's aren't that rare but i haven't seen a 98 in fact i haven't seen anything past 95. Yea Im pickin it up sometime this week i hope either this week or next week.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
The problem with used cars in Japan is that every 5 years you go through a nightmarishly expensive inspection process (It runs upwards of $5000.00 if I recall). Most people buy new cars instead of paying all that much money just to keep and old car on the road. That's why there are so many JDM motors and clips available to buy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They have an inspection every 2 years and its costs anywhere from 200 to 800 for the inspection but it also gives you insurance with it, what they do is pretty much go through the whole car and see if you changed anything from being legal to being not legal and if its not legal you gotta go buy the new parts for it and they keep the ones you had that didn't pass the inspection. but im only gonna be here until Oct 07 and my next inspection is in Dec 07 so I think im good on that one.

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
I have seen wite ups in magazines that got used hi-po JDM motors with low miles and find the clutches totally crapped out or worse a high performance clutch totally crapped out. It might have low mileage, but what psychopath put those low miles on it?

·
Registered
545 Posts
hey JDMPeters, are you a marine? if you are what rank and what unit? imma be stationed out there in about 2 months. holla at cha boy!

·
Registered
545 Posts
im not sure what camp just yet but im pretty sure its gonna be with 7th marines anyways we gotta chill out there. imma get a duce as well out there. i might ship it back to the states for the hell of it. my heart is set on a 98

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I haven't seen a 98 or anything past a 95 forsale around here. There is 4 turbo 5spds forsale right now and im buying one of them. so there will be 3 left and the one i bought is the nicest out of all of them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts