MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgot to post these numbers awhile ago for all those who wanted to get the better tweeter covers.

Right : 67491-17041
Left : 67492-17041

Partznet.com (conicelli) has them listed under Door - Outside mirrors - Inner cover- Inner cover Right/Left 1993 - 1995. They are $11.43 each. They come with the female plastic fastener (brown) so make sure that you take that off before you install them. Also, retain your old foam and use it to fill in behind the tweeter to get rid of wind and road noise.

These covers are much better in terms of both fitment of aftermarket tweeters larger than .75" and sound quality. There is a great difference between the crappy plastic of the 91-92 cover and the wire mesh that the 93+ uses. :thumbup

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
How long did partznet take to get them too you? I ordered mine Wednesday morning.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
week and a half. the left side was backordered though

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
if they are the same thing as stock.. no :( I had to relocate my 1 inch tweeters

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yes, the larger 93+ tweeter covers could fit a 1.5" tweeter.

hotmr2forme : it looks like you have a 91-92 tweeter cover. these are much smaller then the newer tweeter covers.

Dubk : i dont think you can fit a 1.5" tweet behind the 91-92 covers and aim it properly.

here is a bad pic of the larger tweeter cover. i will try to take better ones soon.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDU0NzU0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
got mine to fit and look nice at the same time

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
thank you sir
kicker silk domes makes it very ... umm.. bright with 4 of them in there

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
i wouldnt recomend hot glue but i did mount mind directly to the cover and have had no problems
got to aim them a little better too

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Drill out the tweeter cover and flushmount it, like you do to a door panel. Just look at hotmr2forme's picture of what he did with his tweeter, and imagine doing that to the cover itself. It probably would only work with the 91-92 covers since they have no grill.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts