MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I just realized something. When I installed a 95 trans, I simply transferred my 91-92 mechanical speedo assy into the new trans.

I don't own a 93-95 speedo assy. The electronic speedo assy pics I posted earlier are from models other than MR2.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I just realized something. When I installed a 95 trans, I simply transferred my 91-92 mechanical speedo assy into the new trans.

I don't own a 93-95 speedo assy. The electronic speedo assy pics I posted earlier are from models other than MR2.
UPDATE: I ended up finding a lightly used 93+ E153 speed sensor is pretty good shape. They are getting hard to find!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am very glad for you! Would you be willing to measure the length of the shaft to the cog? My guess is that the 93-95 are longer than 91-92. I measured part 33403-19406 as being 2-7/8 inches long.
You are right, it's longer...part # 33403-19476 for the 93+ electronic speed sensor is 3.54 inches (9 cm exactly). I guess you could theoretically extend the 91-92 shaft but grooves may not line-up, etc.. Unfortunate, since the gear itself is a match.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Thank you for the verification! If I every became desperate enough, I could figure out a solution to utilize the shorter assy. It appears that the twist/engraves are identical on the end close to the cog. The difference is that the shaft is longer on the end with a slit cut. If that is the case, ezy pezy.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts