MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to rig up an electric speedometer from an Australian 1993 rev 2 3sge into a rev 1 JDM cluster, I've worked out the positive and negative terminals but attaching the speed sensor signal wire to either of the other two terminals does absolutely nothing to the needle no matter how much or little I spin the bloody thing. I know there is nothing wrong with the sensor itself as I've managed to get a good reading from it with an oscilloscope.
Here's an image of the circuit, if anyone could annotate exactly what each of the 4 terminals does that would be perfect :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a USDM 93T. I have a photo of the back of the speedometer circuit board when I had to pull mine to replace some bad capacitors on it. My board looks exactly the same as yours, with one exception (described below). Also, there is a number on the board "-0431" (left side, middle), which appears to be the same number on your board. The one difference on my board is that there is a jumper wire (appears to be OEM, but I am not sure) from the upper-most, right side solder connection point that goes to the solder connection point directly to the left of the component (resistor ?) marked 113 (but not 113 itself).

I am no electrical expert, but looking at the 93T wiring diagram, there are two connections, besides the ground connection, to the speedometer. One is the speed sensor input directly to connector C3. But there is also another connection at connector A10. To be honest, I am confused about this connector since it shows two wires associated with this connector : one wire derived from speed sensor coming from Short Connector S12 / S13, and a tie-in from the the PCME ECU (and ABS ECU and PS ECU). My first thought is the A10 connector is the output signal to the various ECUs, but I am not sure since the Short Connector is associated with the Speed Sensor signal wire. Other electrical types will need to help you on this.

One last suggestion : Can you trace connector C3 on the combination meter (instrument cluster) to the speedometer inputs ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts