MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want good flow but not loud sound! I want the dual factory look but would consider others. What are you using? What works with our mr2? Im going to have to replace the factory muffler. Im running hotshot header as well as primary and secondary. Pics would be great!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
try getting one custom made. I think the tko one takes some time to make too. Go ahead if you want the pacesetter. tell us how it sounds. or tey to get a stock turbo muffler. there might be some on sale here.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw some stuff on the board that has steered me away from pace setter. Conicelli wants 221 dollars for a toyo muffler. I might get one made.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I run an HKS turbo exhaust (2.5") installed by the previous owner, I think they make an NA version too. It was pretty quiet before I installed the header and I've been happy with the quality. However, I agree that you should probably look into getting one custom made as it seems to be the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
oh yea there's also the hks sports exhaust for the na mr2's to it has a daul tip. but the only draw back is your paying 400+ dollars for a mild steel system.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
stock is mild steel.. mine hasnt fallen apart after 14 years. absolutely nothing wrong with mild.. you pay a premium for stainess steel, which sits under your car and no one can see it anyways.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
TomsMR2 said:
stock is mild steel.. mine hasnt fallen apart after 14 years. absolutely nothing wrong with mild.. you pay a premium for stainess steel, which sits under your car and no one can see it anyways.
Keep in mind you live in Sacramento, not the rust belt. Something to be aware of... I say the same things, and I live in Florida.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
PseudoRealityX said:
Keep in mind you live in Sacramento, not the rust belt. Something to be aware of... I say the same things, and I live in Florida.
true.. thats why theres high temp coatings :)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I got a hks sport on my corolla gt-s the heat coat is starting to chip off already after 1 yr and it snows here. salt and snow how nasty. I think the exhaust system did cost alot for the lowest model hks and not even stainless steel. not that there is anything wrong with it. I guess I was just paying for the HK$ name. lol It looked so stock my cousin thought I had a hole in my exhaust. It is one of those exhaust systems where you buy and are not sure if you had more power with stock or with the HK$ one. but it is not annoyingly loud. just sporty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts