MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been studying threads around here that list wiring colors for an alarm install, along with other sources on the net for colors I couldn't find here. I'm still short on a few wires, and confused on a couple of things.

First off, I'm trying to install a Viper 791XV that I've had sitting around for over a year. I've copied the wiring diagrams of the two control modules and overlayed the colors and locations I've found of the stock wiring onto the corresponding module wires. The ones in red I'm fairly sure are correct (some conflicting info out there, though). The ones with a black "---" I'm pretty sure are unnecessary, since they mostly seem to control optional relays and channels that I can add on later. The rest of ones in black are supplied with the alarm. The ones in blue, however, I have no clue where they should go.

Anyone wanna help me complete this? BTW, I have the stock alarm that's deactivated by unlocking the door with the key.

·
Registered
291 Posts
so im guessing you are running stock and aftermarket systems?

are you running the remote start?

i "just" finished fixing everything on my new install so ill help with what i can from memory (i will check everything out for you tomorrow because i still need to recheck). the only thing i need to check again are the lights because i dont know what current (voltage) they run.

for the locks its an error on the diagram. just make sure you program it to dual pulse for the unlock. i disabled the stock system do i am using black/yellow and black for my lock and unlock.

for the white/blue on H1 im sure its for remote start. you can hook it up to anything that can supply a pulse (pushstartbutton).

dome light for is for the dome light.

ps i have a 91

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to disable the stock system and run only the Viper. Less things to worry about diagnosing.

I'd like to set up the remote start just in case I ever want to use it. By "anything that can supply a pulse", do you mean hooking it up to one of the channels on the H2 harness?

For the dome light, the alarm's manual says not to hook it up to the light's power, only a relay for it.

Thanks for your help! :thumbup

·
Registered
291 Posts
if you just want to hook up the new alarm do what i did and bring the harness from the driverside kick panel all the way to the driverside. it has all the wires you need for the install. i think its a 20-22 pin connecter with only 16-18 wires.

this is the info i got on the h1 white/blue: "This input comes from the factory set to 2 activation pulses. This means that it is necessary to have 2 consecutive ground pulses on the white/blue wire for the remote start to activate or to deactivate. The same holds true for the remote control activation when set to a two pulse setting it is necessary to press the button twice for the remote start to activate or deactivate."

i think you hook it up to the flip switch. im going to tackle the remote start tomorrow. BTW check out this link.

http://64.85.6.118/diagrams/diagrams.asp

i forgot to add the domelight hooks up to a relay.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K, been researching that H1 BlLUE/WHITE wire, and it seems like it's supposed to attach to the REMOTE START BLUE wire. One gives a signal to the other.

As for the dome light, there's something in the BGB (BE-21) that's called Room Light Control Relay. Looks like it's under the driver side of the dash, and controls all the aux lighting (dome, ignition switch ring, door key cylinder, door courtesy lights). Maybe I could tap into that? BTW, I have the illuminated door keyring, which shows a different relay and wiring than without.

I've updated the diagram in the first post with the changes so far.

·
2 special
2,490 Posts
if you use keyless entry you do not need to touch the factory alarm system, it is only activated by your key locking the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts