MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 92'mr2 n/a stalls and idles rough whenever I come to a stop, if I'm at a stop sign or red light the rpms drop and go back up or just shuts down completely, after about 10 mins or so I can stop normally and car wont shut off or stall. the check engine light does not come on. I took it to a mechanic and they told me it was the iac valve. I replaced it and still having the problem, I don't know what it can be. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 92'mr2 n/a stalls and idles rough whenever I come to a stop, if I'm at a stop sign or red light the rpms drop and go back up or just shuts down completely, after about 10 mins or so I can stop normally and car wont shut off or stall. the check engine light does not come on. I took it to a mechanic and they told me it was the iac valve. I replaced it and still having the problem, I don't know what it can be. any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you replace the idle air control that will would have cured it if that was the problem.
If you give it a little gas when you are at a stop does it still die?

It's simple, but have you checked your battery? And oil level? Some cars idle really rough on lower oil. And low battery can make things fail randomly. Then when you drive it's gets recharged a bit, but not enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
Follow the BGB man. Theres a troubleshooting section.

Sounds like a vacuum leak thats affecting MAP sensor operation. Could be something fuel related, but my bet is on vacuum leak.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Check the TPS as per the repair manual. Also check condition of the ground wires in the engine bay and open up the ecu to check for any leaking caps as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts