MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody,
I just purchased a cd/tape deck out of what i believe was a 92 mr2...The reason for buying this was to make a cheap alternative to buying a cdplayer for my 88 camry. I got this cd player and it doesnt have a harness nor do I know if it has an internal amp or not(or even if the 92s came with internal amps). I need to know what each pin that comes out of the back of the 92 cd player is for so i can fab up some kind of thing that will plug into the 88 camry plug. there are 15 pins in the primary plug in the back of the cd player and then another small plug in down by the antenna plug ins that i have no clue what it is for.

Any help would be extremely helpful

thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
get a mr2 reverse harness(this goes into the deck), then a regular camry installation harness(this connects to the plug you currently have in your car). Connect them together (wire to wire) and plug and play.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
The harnesses should be exactly the same if they are both non-premium systems.

But it sounds like you have a premium headunit. Unless your camry also has a premium system you're out of luck. It won't work unless you also wire in amps, but you said you wanted a cheap alternative.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
sjigga911 said:
what are the telltale signs of a premium head unit?

Scott
A non-premium unit will have one 10pin and one 4 pin plug in addition to the antenna. The 15pin is for premium and the other plug by the antenna is for the windshield 'diversity' antenna.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts