MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
91 USDM Turbo ---> 93 NA Concerns and Questions

I have a few concerns before I start this project, as this will be my first swap...

1) I wanted to use the 93 NA crossmember (and all suspension components) for the upgraded suspension. Will the 91 turbo axles work with my 93 NA hubs? Or will I be forced to change over all of my rear suspension to the 91 turbo specs? Are the parts interchangeable? IE: hubs, rotors, calipers, crossmembers, etc?

2) I planned on using the complete 91 body and engine harness. (I have a complete, but wrecked 91 Turbo) Is this the easiest option? I ask this because I wanted to keep my electronic speedo and NA gauge cluster, would it be easier to just splice the 91 engine harness into the 93 body harness?

3) I planned to purchase the electronic speedo for the 91 turbo tranny (the NA electronic speedo will not work in the turbo tranny) to make this easier, but will it be?

4) My main concern here is I don't want to lose any of my 93 NA luxuries. IE: upgraded suspension, electronic speedo, etc... I consider myself a pretty competent mechanic, but this is new to me.

Any productive advice, suggestions, or information, as always, is more than welcome. Thanks again.

-Shaun

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I know someone has put a 91 USDM turbo into a 93 NA.... Or at least has some good advice... Jim (redblues)? And I know some of you swap guru's lurk around this forum..!

-Shaun

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
1)the only thing you need to change is the hubs. The turbo hubs will bolt up to all your NA suspensions parts.

2)It would be a lot easier swap to use your 91 turbo body harness. You will need to work out the speedo but thats it.

3)the 93 turbo speedo will work no problem. You should be able to find it used easy on the board.

4) You wont have any problems.

btw, you will need turbo shift cables or your shifter will be misplaced.
hope it helps
Chris

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris-
Thats the exact info I needed. Thanks much. I do have the shift cables so I am good there. So really all I need extra, is a 93 Turbo electric speedo gear for the 91 tranny. Thanks again Chris.

-Shaun

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
turboexec said:
Chris-
Thats the exact info I needed. Thanks much. I do have the shift cables so I am good there. So really all I need extra, is a 93 Turbo electric speedo gear for the 91 tranny. Thanks again Chris.

-Shaun
exactly!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts