MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes it will studder or fall on its face when you give it gas. It also doesnt get full boost until really late in the rpms, it only gets boost around 4-6.5k rpm. It feels like it wants too but doesnt kick in real hard until late like I said. I dont know how much boost its running because theres no gauge, except for the factory one and it doesnt work, and its not my car.

·
Registered
672 Posts
i have a stock motor except the turbo is upgraded to a .50 trim

my turbo spools..audibly...at 2300 rpms. hits full boost at 43-4500 rpm at 16 psi. plus or minus a couple hundred rpm for psi setting. falling on its face was a problem i had, i changed my plugs and wires.....better. changed my cap and rotor and it was perfect. the cap had a small crack plus carbon tracking.

not saying this is the cure, but i had same symptoms, and this is what i did and it worked

fuel filters have a tendency to cause strange goingons, id do ignition componets, and then go from there..........somone correct me if im wrong please

·
Registered
953 Posts
yay we all got the same problems ware we gun it and POW we loose power not all the way just a little so its like starting off

·
Registered
672 Posts
arching plug wires or a faulty cap will cause a dramatic decrease in performance and in a weird way. youd be surprised

1 - 4 of 4 Posts