Premium Member
12,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

199k miles
All stock
T-tops
No ABS
Transmission shifts perfect no grinds or worn synchros. Suspension is very tight and car handles great. Paint is in bad shape,there are a few spots where the clear coats is pealing of. Interior is decent but the leather seats are worn out. It has mint condition leather door panels and the interior is not bad for the age and milage of this car. It runs and drives good but one of the belts squeeks. I wil try to tighten it or replace the belt. I will have more pics of the interior and engine bay soon.

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
wow gorgeous car for the miles it has too bad I'm so far into my project a few months back and this would've been nice

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Artur, im going to be in dallas getting some parts for my mk1 from byran this weekend. Wouldnt mind taking a peek at her and i know you like mk1's....so maybe we can strike a deal.

·
Premium Member
12,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car looks great in pics but up close the paint is faded and clear coat pealing off. Mostly on the roof and engine hood. If u are far awey I could get this car
inspected for u by ATS. They would do compression check or put it on a dyno and go over the car and list everything thats wrong with it. It will cost u $65 to have that done.

few more details.

AC is ice cold,tires have about %75 tread left,t-top shades and bags are there.

I have an intake,nology spark plug wires,MBC,FCD,boost gauge and some other parts that can be included for little extra.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Arthur, why is the clear coat peeling when the original paint job didnt come with clear coat unless it was a metallic color? Also i heard from a few dallas people that the car has a bad oil leak, how bad are we talking? Let me know or i'll see you saturday anyhow.
-James Elkins

·
Premium Member
12,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car was repainted. I dont know if it was due to accident or age. Car had a very bad oil leak. I replaced the oil cooler and gaskets on the turbo lines and oil filter. Its not leaking anymore. Its a 15 yr old car with a lot of miles. Hopefully this week I will get a compression tester.

Dino I will call u. I need the money for another mr2 but I allweys wanted an 85 hardtop and yours is very nice. Maybe we can work out a trade.

·
Registered
714 Posts
ok sounds good. i will be at work from 11-7 tomorrow. you can call me when im at work, but if i dont answer leave a message and i will call you back when i go on break. or if you would like you can call me tonight. its up to you. ill be up till probably 2am tonight.or if you would like you can msg me through aim. hchris15 is my home sn and l1chamel is my work sn. hit me up.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Artur did you get the pics of my car in that email i sent? Let me know if you wanna work something out, or if the car as already sold

·
Premium Member
12,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the pics. The front end on your car would need some work and I dont want to have another car to work on.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
its all good artur keep me in touch with all your mk2 craziness

·
Registered
79 Posts
Would you be interested in a trade plus some cash? I have a 1992 240sx convertible with 96K if you are interested. If not, I might be able to sell my 240 to buy the mr2, but it would take some time. Let me know.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Artur, I'm interested in your car. I'm wanting an MR2 and the price looks good for yours. How does it drive? Also, are you aware of any issures with the car? I know you said you fixed the oil leaks, but are there any other warning signs of impending repairs?

·
Premium Member
12,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Car drives well. Pulls as it should. Suspension is tight and car handles great.
Things that it will need to make this a nice car.
Paint
driver side seat
windshield has a crack.

There are no reperis needed right now.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Cool. If I decide to go with your car I will be coming from San Antonio, would you be willing/able to drive down part way and meet me? Not really a deciding factor in my getting the car but it would be nice...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Arthur, I'm trying to decide between your car and an 91 hardtop in Houston. The vehicle's mechanical condition will be the real deciding factor here. I plan to buy one car or the other on Saturday. I have a $4000 budget to work with, and your turbo is very tempting.

I used to have a 475k mile Integra (still running, has almost 480k now), so 200k miles don't really scare me, but they do make me nervous. I just don't want to get stuck with a bunch of costly repairs 6 months from now. That was the story with my 2000 Celica and I'm hoping to avoid a total hatred for Toyota by getting an MR2.

You said earlier in this thread that you can have the car checked out by ATS with a full break down of its condition. Can you have this done by this weekend? As I said, the turbo is very tempting. If ATS gives it a good bill of health, I will be buying your car. You sound very confident in the car's condition, so I'm reasonably sure it will check out. However if ATS says the car is on its last legs, then I honestly can't afford to go that route, and I will send you the $65.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts