MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who have double DIN units for our radio/CD player, I'm considering manufacturing a one or two slot cup holder, that a flange would go down in between the e-brake and the outside of the console, and hang to the right of the e-brake. It would take up some passenger seat room but not much, and the flange would be wedged tight enough in there so you wouldn't have to worry about losing your drink all over the place.

Does this have any interest or appeal to any of you? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Im not entriely sure what your sayin..and i dont know if ill be willing to give up passenger seat space for a drink..yeah id need to see what your tlakin about.
I do want a cup holder, but so far i have no clue where i would put one. Whereever i put it it would get in the way of somethin. So far just holdin my drink has worked..

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I think he is talking about the slot type cup holders that you find on VW's.

That would be very cool...I don't know how you will accomplish this...but then again I suck at fabrication.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a fold up style cupholder from Griot's Garage a few years ago. It's the same style that used to be in the rear of the Mercedes Benz station wagons (not sure if that helps). It's a single unit, but it works well. I'm going to be working on the car in a little while, I can get some pics and post them here later.

·
Registered
409 Posts
not to hijack or anything, but there's also another kind of cupholder used in my grandfathers audi A6 i've thought would be novel. it's in the center console, mebbe one inch wide by 4 or so in length, not sure on depth. you push it lightly, and it pops up a cup holder. I'll have to find a pic to show yall what im talkin about if you haven't seen it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Oops - sorry - 60+hour workweeks don't leave me with much time :/
I honestly completely forgot, but i'll try tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Actually a better idea would to have it mount right under the tweater speakers ont he door.
Kinda in front of the side vents.
You could fab a thin slider to slip in beside the window or better, have it mount to the mounting holes behind the tweater cover.
It probably wouldn't hold a 64 ounce super tanker but anything under 32 ounce would be fine.

There is a fair amount of open space there, both sides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts